Visualization of large data sets from CFD simulations using OpenFoam and Paraview
The aim of this project is to address an issue with visualization of large data sets which are results of CFD simulations on HPC systems.
This project will use CFD simulation performed on HPC system using open source code OpenFOAM and visualize results using another open source code Paraview.
The student will either modify OpenFoam source code or use Python scripting to be able visualize Mach number which is derived quantity and as such is not outputted by OpenFoam.
The Student will gain experience in
- CFD modelling techniques
- CFD software OpenFOAM
- Visualization software Paraview
- Visualization techniques on HPC systems
Student Prerequisites (Compulsory):
- Basic Linux skills
- Elementary knowledge of HP computing
Student Prerequisites (Desirable):
- Knowledge of CFD and Fluid Dynamics
- Prior experience with OpenFOAM and Paraview
- Programming skills in C++ or FORTRAN
Project Application Reference: Czech Rep. – VBS – Visualisation of CFD
Applications are now closed