Summer of HPC is a PRACE programme that offers summer placements at HPC centres across Europe. Up to 22 top applicants from across Europe will be selected to participate. Participants will spend two months working on projects related to PRACE scientific or industrial work and ideally produce a visualisation or video of their results. The programme will run from July 1st, to August 31th 2018. At the end of the programme, two best participants will be awarded for their contribution – there are awards for Best Visualisation and for HPC Ambassador.
Flights, accommodation & a stipend will be provided to all successful applicants; all you need to bring is your interest in computing and some enthusiasm!
PARTICIPATING IN PRACE SUMMER OF HPC
Applications are welcome from all disciplines. Previous experience in HPC is not required. Some coding knowledge is a prerequisite but the most important attribute is a desire to learn, and share, more about HPC. A strong visual flair and an interest in blogging, video blogging or social media are desirable. Applications are open from 11 January 2018 to 25 February 2018.
Eligibility to the programme
The following eligibility apply:
- Applicant must be studying at a European Institution at time of application.
- Be late stage undergraduate or early stage postgraduate students.
- Be over the age of 18.
- Attached latest CV.
- Have the minimum prerequisites outlined by projects.
- Be able to pass the Code Test.
- Student selects at least 2 projects of their choice.
- Recommendation returned before the deadline.
- Final year students will be accepted as long as they are registered with a European institution at time of application.
More information can be found in the FAQ
HOW TO APPLY
To apply you will need to complete an application form and provide us with a copy of your CV, reference and code test.
You should receive a confirmation email immediately. If you don’t receive confirmation within few hours, please get in touch.
The application form is available online at https://events.prace-ri.eu/event/sohpc2018